Science Technology Services offers a room reservation system to units within the Faculty of Science. For the 2018/2019 academic year, we are evaluating the use of LibCal, a room reservation system already used by Western Libraries to manage reservations of its colloboration spaces.
If you are looking to reserve a room, use the button on the right to select a room.
LibCal offers units the following benefits:
- Allow faculty, staff, and students to book spaces through a convenient interface
- Bookings are made with users' Western usernames and passwords
- Easy to use. particularly for users who do not use Office 365
- Two-way synchronization with Office 365 resource calendars
- Staff already managing reservations through Office 365 can continue to do so
- LibCal serves as the public interface for your users to reserve rooms
- Ability to set limits on who is booking rooms and how often
- LibCal offers a variety of methods by which to restrict who can reserve rooms
- Limits can be set on how many hours per day/week/month a user can book a given room
The following video provides a demonstration of LibCal and shows the workflow of a user reserving a room.